- This event has passed.
General Practice Property Management Workshop – Derbyshire
15th January 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
General Practice Property Management Workshop
Don’t Forget the Bricks and Mortar!
GP Surveyors are delighted to be facilitating the General Practice Property Management Workshop (Derbyshire) – Don’t forget the bricks and mortar – in conjunction with the Practice Managers Association and Derbyshire LMC.
This half day workshop is designed to help practice managers, GPs and GP Partners to develop a full understanding of property management, including lease provision and notional rent responsibilities. The workshop will demonstrate how adopting industry best practice will help to mitigate risks and maximise revenues for the practice and partners from property assets.
Benefits of this workshop include:
• See how effective property management achieves greater value from your premises
• Understand the need for property management in your multi-disciplinary expansion plans
• Learn about current lease management strategies and notional rent
• Understand how to manage risk assessments in small businesses
• Interact with GP Surveyors expert speakers to resolve questions throughout the day
• Benefit from a post-workshop summary and support
• Helpful weblinks and guidance notes will be provided throughout
What our attendees say:
“Experts in the room – happy to advise on personal circumstances”
“Clear, concise… Not a subject I knew much about – but feel much more confident now”
“Good energy of the presenters”
About our facilitators:
Paul Conlan – Operations Director, GP Surveyors
Paul has a wealth of experience and knowledge covering the primary care property sector, over 30 years’ experience in the surveying sector and is a registered valuer and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRIC). Paul leads a team of fifteen at GP Surveyors, acting on behalf of GP practices across the UK, undertaking a diverse range of valuations, rent reviews, contract disputes, investment transactions and is highly experienced in negotiating with key industry stakeholders including District Valuers and NHS England.
Paul’s engaging and informative GP premises workshops and talks have been very well received at numerous events across the UK and proved to be a fantastic learning opportunity for Practice Managers and GP’s alike.
Rebecca Adams – Business Development Manager, GP Surveyors
An experienced Business Development Manager. Rebecca works with Practice Manages and GP partners from across the UK on a daily basis, with a focus on maximising surgery income. Specialising in Pharmacy Implants, Surgery Rent Reviews, and Surgery Sale and Leasebacks.
Rebecca is experienced in liaising with an array of key industry stakeholders on behalf of surgeries, including; healthcare solicitors, lawyers, pharmacy operators, investors, District Valuers, and NHS England.
General Practice Property Management Workshop – Programme
Introduction and Welcome – Overview of the Programme & Objectives
Open Forum – identifying your challenges
• Situational analysis
– Retirement planning
– The issues (BMA statistics of the number of GPs retiring, current recruitment crisis, existing stock (fit for purpose) etc)
• What are the options available? Advantages and Disadvantages
– GP partners to buy out a retiring partner
– Sale and leaseback
– Sale and transfer of medical contract
• Plan now for tomorrow
– Overview of key elements to consider
When does a GP practice require a lease?
• What is a lease?
• Why should a GP practice have a lease?
• Benefits of having a lease
• Dangers and drawbacks of not having a lease
• Case examples / scenarios
Boosting surgery income
• Challenge your notional rent
– Time cycle
• Impact of providing private services on your rental reimbursement
– Understand the facts – 2013 premises cost directions and abatements
New models – The ‘super practice’, mergers and federations
• Why are mergers taking place?
• Don’t forget your real estate strategy!
• Key takeaways – plan a personal route map
Open Forum – Questions & Discussions
To attend the General Practice Property Management Workshop, contact the Practice Managers Association
Phone: 01332 210 008 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org