GP Property Management Workshop
October 20 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
GP Surveyors are delighted to be delivering our GP Property Management Workshop – in conjunction with the Practice Managers Association on 20th October at 13:00 pm.
GP Surveyors have developed this GP property management workshop to help practices develop a comprehensive understanding of primary care property and estate management. Attendees will gain a grounding in how to manage partnership change with regards to property, identify and overcome potential issues and find property solutions to fit the circumstances of the practice. During the three-hour webinar, we will also cover lease management, how to ensure the practice is on the correct level of notional rent, and planning your surgery’s future estate strategy.
The session will demonstrate how adopting best practices will help to mitigate risks and maximise revenues for the partners from their property assets. The workshop will be delivered with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques and outcomes onto their own practice.
Introduction & Welcome
Identifying your challenges
What are the options available? Advantages and disadvantages
- GP partners to buy out a retiring partner
- Sale and leaseback
- Sale and transfer of medical contract
Plan now for tomorrow
- Overview of key elements to consider
A guide to GP practice leases
- What is a lease?
- Why should a GP practice have a lease?
- Benefits of having a lease
- Dangers and drawbacks of not having a lease
- Case examples / scenarios
Boosting surgery income
- Why double-check your Notional Rent?
- How to challenge your Notional Rent
- Practice property improvements and abatements
– under the premises cost directions
The future of primary care real estate
- Why are mergers taking place?
- Planning your real estate strategy
- Key takeaways – plan a personal route map
GP Property Management Workshop – Registration
Workshop registration is being managed by the Practice Managers Association