GP Surveyors are marking our 20th year by helping GP surgeries access specialist property advice for free in a series of webinars throughout 2021. Further dates to be announced.
- This event has passed.
GP Property Management Workshop (Surrey)
15th November 2018 @ 9:15 am - 4:45 pmFree
GP Property Management Workshop
Don’t Forget the Bricks and Mortar!
GP Surveyors are delighted to be facilitating the GP Property Management Workshop – Don’t forget the bricks and mortar – in conjunction with the Practice Managers Association.
This one day GP Property Management workshop is designed to help practice managers, GPs and GP Partners to develop a full understanding of property management, including lease provision and notional rent responsibilities. The workshop will demonstrate how adopting industry best practice will help to mitigate risks and maximise revenues for the practice and partners from property assets.
Benefits of this workshop include:
• See how effective property management achieves greater value from your premises
• Understand the need for property management in your multi-disciplinary expansion plans
• Learn about current lease management strategies and notional rent
• Understand how to manage risk assessments in small businesses
• Interact with GP Surveyors expert speakers to resolve questions throughout the day
• Benefit from a post-workshop summary and support
• Helpful weblinks and guidance notes will be provided throughout
About the Facilitators:
Clare Kersey – Senior Surveyor, GP Surveyors
A highly experienced surveyor and RICS Registered Valuer; attained MRICS status in 2002. Clare has over 15 years’ experience as a surveyor and has been with GP Surveyors over 2 years. She acts for numerous GP Practices across the UK, undertaking a diverse range of valuations and rent reviews.
Clare has a vast array of experience negotiating with key industry stakeholders including District Valuers and NHS England.
Rebecca Adams – Business Development Manager, GP Surveyors
An experienced Business Development Manager. Rebecca works with Practice Manages and GP partners from across the UK on a daily-basis, with a focus on maximising surgery income. Specialising in Pharmacy Implants, Surgery Rent Reviews, and Surgery Sale and Leasebacks.
Rebecca is experienced in liaising with an array of key industry stakeholders on behalf of surgeries, including; healthcare solicitors, lawyers, pharmacy operators, investors, District Valuers, and NHS England.
GP Property Management Workshop – Programme
9.15 – Registration
9.30 – Introduction and Welcome – Overview of the Programme & Objectives
9.45 – Open Forum – identifying your challenges
10.00 – Succession planning
• Situational analysis
– Retirement planning
– The issues (BMA statistics of the number of GPs retiring, current recruitment crisis, existing stock (fit for purpose) etc)
• What are the options available? Advantages and Disadvantages
– GP partners to buy out a retiring partner
– Sale and leaseback
– Sale and transfer of medical contract
• Plan now for tomorrow
– Overview of key elements to consider
11.15 – Break
11.30 – When does a GP practice require a lease?
• What is a lease?
• Why should a GP practice have a lease?
• Benefits of having a lease
• Dangers and drawbacks of not having a lease
• Case examples / scenarios
12.45 – Lunch & Networking
1.45 – Boosting surgery income
• Challenge your notional rent
– Time cycle
• Impact of providing private services on your rental reimbursement
– Understand the facts – 2013 premises cost directions and abatements
3.00 – Break
3.30 – New models – The ‘super practice’, mergers and federations
• Why are mergers taking place?
• Don’t forget your real estate strategy!
• Key takeaways – plan a personal route map
4.15 – Open Forum – Questions & Discussions
4.45 – Close
To attend, contact the Practice Managers Association
Phone:0330 111 6459